Are you planning for a vacation with your kids?
If yes, you’re in the right place.
Vacations give you a chance to relax and reset from the demands of your daily life.
It’s totally different when you’re planning a vacation for the entire family. Whether you’ve traveled for a family vacation before or not, you can still enjoy an amazing experience without going over budget.
Kids, just like adults, benefit immensely from vacations in many ways. Your kids will experience the following if you regularly take them on vacation:
- A boost in productivity, especially at school
- Stress reduction
- Improved self- concept, esteem and confidence through adventures
- Increased intelligence and smartness
- Expanded social awareness
- More time to bond with the family
You’ll have to come up with vacation ideas for your entire family, including kids when planning for a holiday and considering staying at a luxury resort. When planning for a kid-friendly vacation in your travel destination of choice, consider the following factors:
- Number of kids and their ages
- Vacation dates
With these factors, you’ll be able to pick the most ideal resorts to stay with your kids and the rest of the family. Here’re some fun activities that can keep your kids busy at a luxury resort (find out what a given resort offers for kids before booking your accommodation):
5 Fun Activities to Keep Your Kids Engaged at a Luxury Resort
- Art and craft/ coloring
Various art and craft or coloring projects can engage your kids and keep them busy at your family resort of choice. The projects don’t just nurture your kids’ creativity, but also foster their social and physical development.
With the art and craft skills, your kids can make nice artwork to decorate your house back home.
Kids use their hands and fingers to work on art and craft or coloring projects. Therefore, they develop fine motor skills. As a result, they experience increased control over movements and enhanced muscle strength.
Other benefits of art and craft projects include:
- Improved dexterity and memory
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Improved hand-eye coordination and flexibility
- Improved decision-making skills
- Fosters socializing
- Encourages self-expression
- Improves creativity skills and innovation
Kids and adults enjoy yoga and can benefit from it in the same way. Your kids can learn critical life skills they’ll find handy later in life.
Check out if your potential resort offers yoga classes for both kids and adults. This is important if you’re keen on having your kids do yoga while on vacation. The impact yoga has on kids may be what they need to succeed later in life.
Other benefits of yoga to kids include:
- Enhances kids’ emotional control
- Helps with anxiety management
- Improves memory and focus
- Imparts discipline and reduces cases of impulsivity
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Enhances flexibility and strength
- Fosters mindfulness and awareness of self or body
- Metal detecting
Treasure hunting is another fun activity your kids can engage in at the resort or back home. It’ll enable your kids to anticipate surprises in what they can find or discover.
Leisure Head recommends letting your kids treasure hunt through metal detecting at your destination resort. The range of benefits your kids stand to gain from indulging in this activity include:
- Exercising the physical body and mind
- Learning new skills
- Problem-solving in context
- Kids get to connect with the environment
- Develops attention to detail
- Fosters discovery of the unknown
- Provides long-term happiness
- Building castles
Traveling on vacation and planning to stay at a beach resort?
If so, your kids can indulge in building castles. Despite the age of your kids, they’ll find the sensory nature of playing with sand water fun and fulfilling.
Summer weather allows people to spend time at the beach. You won’t just engage your kids in the great weather, but also explore the myriad number of opportunities available for play-based learning.
Start off the activity with bare hands for building and exploring. Later, graduate to using buckets and other tools for enhanced creativity.
Building castles encourages exploration and learning, atop creating memorable experiences for your kids. Apart from fun and excitement, the classic activity will benefit your kids in the following ways:
- Offers sensory fun that teaches texture, cause and effect, sorting, and scooping.
- Development of life skills
- Teaches measurement skills
- Improvement of gross and fine motor skills such as building, shoveling and walking through sand.
Decorate the sand castles with stones, sticks or seashells for eye-appeal. Don’t forget to indulge in a pre-organized scavenger hunt and nature exploration alongside your kids.
Swimming is a fun activity for both adults and kids. You can swim in the ocean or sea at a beach resort or in a swimming pool.
This activity supports the development of kids in many ways. Ranging from social skills development to physical and mental development to enhanced confidence, your kids have lots to gain from swimming.
Your kids are also bound to develop building skills for safety reasons. Other benefits of this water sport or activity include:
- Enhanced fitness and health; boosts heart and lung health
- Improves body balance and flexibility
- Develops endurance and strength
- Teaches safety and life-saving skills
- Reduces stress and helps develop a balanced lifestyle
- Lowers risk of developing childhood obesity
- Fosters mental development
- Boost self- esteem and confidence
- Improves social skills as your kids engage with other children
Whichever activity you pick, expect your family to have lots of fun at your vacation resort. Make sure that you plan well in advance for a memorable vacation.